American Heart Association Basic Life Support Class
Basic Life Support (BLS) is designed for healthcare personnel AND anyone who needs to know how to perform CPR and other basic cardiovascular life support skills.
What does this course teach?
- High-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- The AHA Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
- When and how to use an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Effective ventilations using a barrier device
- Importance of teams in multi-rescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multi-rescuer CPR
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants